Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday.

These are just some things I observed today (and over the last week or so.)

There are going to be thousands of postal workers who will be laid off in the near future, and I'd like to nominate my mail carrier.

He's around 50 years old, and he's probably a mail carrying virtuoso, which is why he's kept his job this long. I've noticed he loves to socialize. He stands around our apartment mail tree, cigarette hanging out of his mouth while showing his young son how to sort our mail. Wow, an amazing mail carrier and a mentor for future mailmen-- we totally lucked out! He also an energy conservationist. He does this by not walking up the three flights of stairs to give me my certified letter, but skipping that step and putting the  "you have certified mail, pick it up at the post office" note in my mail box, even though I was home. He's amazing. I know, you're jealous.

Next item...

I'm very impressed with parents who are proactive in getting their cute little chubby tweens into fighting shape-- Jr. High can suck, especially if you're chunky. I have some advice though. Before taking them to my gym and telling them to get on the treadmill next to me, buy them a stick of Teen Spirit. I admit, by the end of my workout I probably smell pretty ripe. But I try to combat this by showering before my workout, using some clinical strength deodorant and heck, sometimes I even spritz on some of my Womanity.  So moms of cute little Tweens, let's be honest, you smell it, so I'll definitely smell it.

I'll wrap this up now. Obviously all I've done today is go to the gym & get my mail so I need to get some other things done right now...

2 comments:

Joan said...

Nellie, you crack me up. that's hilarious... and I totally agree about the deodorant. seriously. maybe you should bring some spray on and spritz some their way... on accident of course

Lynsey said...

This is AWESOME! haha! It makes me miss you even more. Can't wait for you to get back!! I'm excited to get the girlies together too. Man we have really missed you!!