Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Time!


Bridgette with Great Grandma Mary


This was a pretty low key Holiday Season. For Christmas we went to Nevada, spending the week with my parents. It was nice to get away, it was my first trip since April. While we were there my Mom had just gotten over being sick, my dad got sick & so did Dan : ( Poor guys! It was nice to see Nathan & Danny & their families, it's been way too long! While we were there Dan & I were able to attend the temple with my dad while mom watched Bridgette. It was nice to go because we haven't been in so long!

Christmas Eve was spent at my grandparent's in St. George. I was able to catch up with my Aunt Etsuko & Uncle Rob. It's so nice to see them! It's funny because they live 45 minutes away, but we have to go all the way to St. George to see them!


It was also fun to have Bridgette's 1st Christmas, although she couldn't cared less. We went light on the gifts for her, she got a cute dolly, a book & some clothes. Grandma Trudy got her a cute, soft lamb that plays a variety of background noises, including a heartbeat. It's already helped me get her to nap in her crib once.... hopefully it'll help her sleep in the crib all night! Dan gave me some very pretty boots, games that I love and other things.



Scott & Kaylene gave Dad a BYU helmet autographed by all the players

When we got back Bridgette had her 4 month appointment. She's so big! She's 16 lbs 5 oz (90th Percentile), 24 inches tall (50th Percentile), and her head's in the 75th percentile. She's SO CHUNKY! I love it! She also got her shots, which was sad for mommy.

We were also able to see Papa Joe & Grandma Leslie when we got back, taking family photos & having a little family party before Dan's younger brother, Stewart, left for his mission in Russia. It was nice to hang out with everyone during the holidays!

Bridgette got some books from Grandma LeslieUncle Stew's last night before his mission!


Now it's back to normal life. My goal this year is to run in the Park City 1/2 marathon, so I need to start running regularly again. I also need to stop eating sugar!!! I'm such a sweets addict! So, these are my "resolutions." We'll see how I do!!!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

How cute :) I wish we could have gone to mom's... Oh well. I'm sure it was nice to get away from the crappy weather here!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds just like Brenda. After 4 months, she started sliming down. She was starting to try to crawl. The pics are so cute.

Aunt Monica